Friday, March 23, 2012

Google Search Stories in HS English Creative Writing

Earlier this year, a fellow Google Certified Teacher, Wendy Gorton introduced me to Google Search Stories.  Since then, I've been waiting to find the perfect opportunity to use them with students.  This week, I've been invited to guest-teach in our Creative Writing course where I plan to lead students through the process of creating their own.  My plan is to show a few videos created by Google, then one created using the Search Story Generator (hat tip - Jim Sill) and then have students analyse what elements make them "work" before letting them loose to create their own.  I'm hoping it will be a good brain-stretching, creative, one-class-period exercise that gives them experience with working with a new and unique genre.


Links


 

A popular Google Search Story - Parisian Love

An excellent student example created using Google Search Story Video Creator

Google Search Story Video Creator

No comments:

Post a Comment